Patrick has been a member of the Backyard Writers since 2011 and the organizer of the workshop since 2014. He is a writer of prose, a believer in Philadelphia, and founder and director of the Artist Residency in Tufo and the Writers Retreat in Tufo.
Some examples of his work include:
- Eyes on Me, a flash fiction piece published in Summer 2018 in Meluzina, an online anthology of work from alumni of the Prague Summer Program for Writers, which Patrick attended in 2014
- House of Our Brothers, a chapbook published in the 2018 Shockwire Chapbook Series, from the Head and the Hand Press, available either via vending machine in Fishtown or online purchase, here
- Saving Rosa di Tufo, an essay published in the Spring 2018 issue of Italian American Magazine, detailing the process behind the Tufo push
- Sanctuary, a creative nonfiction story published in the Fall 2017 issue of Philadelphia Stories, deals with love and homelessness, and the idea of safe spaces
- Benjamin Franklin Bridge Blue, a short story published in July 2016 in Eclectica Magazine and featured as that issue’s Spotlight Runner-Up, draws heavily from Patrick’s work in Philadelphia’s homeless shelters
- You Champion, another chapbook published by the Head and the Hand, and featured in that headshot above
- Color it Bluer, a creative nonfiction piece published in Apiary 5 in 2013;
- Divine Lorraine, a historical fiction piece published in WragsInk‘s 2012 Anthology Philly
- Penn Treaty, a historical fiction piece published in Philos Adelphos Irrealis out of UPenn’s Kelly Writers House in 2012
- Derek Dead, a creative nonfiction piece published in the March 2010 issue of Word Riot.