Patrick has been a member of the Backyard Writers since 2011 and the organizer of the workshop since 2014. He is a writer of prose, a believer in community, and founder and director of the Writers Retreat in Tufo.
Here’s a list of his published works:
- Fire Hazard, a short story published in the Spring 2019 issue of Cleaver Magazine;
- Psychotropic Ultimatums and John the Baptist, a memoir piece published in the Spring 2019 issue of Chatham University’s The Fourth River;
- Eyes on Me, a flash fiction piece published in Summer 2018 in Meluzina, an online anthology of work from alumni of the Prague Summer Program for Writers, which Patrick attended in 2014;
- House of Our Brothers, a chapbook published in the 2018 Shockwire Chapbook Series, from the Head and the Hand Press, available either via a traveling Philadelphian vending machine or online purchase, here;
- Saving Rosa di Tufo, an essay published in the Spring 2018 issue of Italian American Magazine, detailing the process behind the Tufo push;
- Sanctuary, a creative nonfiction story published in the Fall 2017 issue of Philadelphia Stories, deals with love and homelessness, and the idea of safe spaces;
- Benjamin Franklin Bridge Blue, a short story published in July 2016 in Eclectica Magazine and featured as that issue’s Spotlight Runner-Up, draws heavily from Patrick’s work in Philadelphia’s homeless shelters;
- You Champion, another chapbook published by the Head and the Hand, and featured in that headshot above;
- Color it Bluer, a creative nonfiction piece published in Apiary 5 in 2013;
- Divine Lorraine, a historical fiction piece published in WragsInk‘s 2012 Anthology Philly;
- Penn Treaty, a historical fiction piece published in Philos Adelphos Irrealis out of UPenn’s Kelly Writers House in 2012;
- Derek, Dead, a creative nonfiction piece published in the March 2010 issue of Word Riot;
- The Seahorse, a short story published in 2007 in Kalliope, Penn State University’s Literary Magazine.